The Towson University Pep Band has been lauded as one of the best bands in the CAA conference with its commitment to musicianship, sportsmanship, and entertainment. The pep band is a group that forms during the winter and spring semesters and performs at all of the home basketball games and other events on Towson University’s campus. The band performs at both men’s and women’s basketball games and accompanies the teams to the CAA tournaments.
Like the marching band, the pep band is a class that is taken for 1 credit that can be applied to your degree. In addition to school credit, a $20-$30 stipend is given to the members for each game that they attend. For more information on the scholarships, see the Pep Band Handbook, or TUMB Scholarship Information.
- Please fill out the 2017-2018 Pep Band Membership Information Form. This needs to be completed just once per season. This does not replace registration for the class, and should be done in addition to class registration.
- Pep Band Class information is MUSA 270. 001 (Freshman and Sophomores), MUSA 470.001 (Juniors and Seniors), and MUSA 659.001 (Graduate Students).
- Fill out the 2017-2018 Performance Schedule. This calendar on the Charms website will be used to sign up for the games that you are interested in attending. Each member must perform at a minimum of 10 games throughout the season. However, it is up to you which 10 games you choose!
- To Sign-Up on Charms, follow these steps:
- Log in to the “Parents/Students/Members” area with the school code TUMB.
- Sign in to your account – your password will be your student ID number.
- Once you are logged in, you can create your own unique password.
- Navigate to the calendar.
- Click on the small multi-colored hand below each event.
- Input the necessary information under the section that you intend to join.
- Press Enter!
The pep band provides many performance opportunities filled with a fun atmosphere, great athletic events, and Towson University Pep Band tradition! If you have any questions regarding the Towson University Pep Band please email Tubands@towson.edu
Read the Pep Band Handbook available in Pep Band area of the Members Area Page in the website. Contact email@example.com for the password.