Each school year, the TUMB has two Graduate Assistants as part of the administrative/instructional team. Every spring at least one of these positions is open for new candidates. If interested, please contact John Miliauskas, Director at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at 410.704.5449.
- Assistantships are renewable for four semesters pending satisfactory evaluation.
- The position, for the first year, begins with band camp in August and continues through May
- Applicants must have knowledge of contemporary marching band techniques specializing in percussion, color guard, or marching.
- Applicants should have good organizational skills along with computer/internet skills and proficiency in word processing and spreadsheet programs (Microsoft Word and Excel).
- Applicants must be accepted into a Towson University graduate program in music.
- Duties include assisting the marching band director with the administration, instruction, and operation of the TIGER Marching Band and Pep Band.
- Duties as assigned by the band director will include, but are not limited to: section rehearsals, oversight of rehearsal field preparation, and instrument inventory, driving equipment vehicles, management of electronic equipment, recording of rehearsals, distribution of information to students, travel plan assistance, assistance with duties associated with hosting marching competitions.
- Graduate assistant duties average 20 hours per week.
- An annual stipend of $5,000, band camp compensation of $1,000, and a tuition waiver of $8,800. Total assistantship package is worth up to $14,800.
- Submit letter of application, resumé, three letters of recommendation
- On campus interview of finalists is preferred, but alternative arrangements can be made
- Call or email for specific application deadlines (usually in April)
All Inquiries and Applications:
John Miliauskas, Associate Director of Bands
TU Music Department
8000 York Road
Towson, MD 21252
Phone – 410.704.5449
Email – email@example.com